Timothy Patrick Reardon
· Research & Development focused culinary professional with in-depth knowledge of new product development and commercialization processes.
· Proven ability to leverage culinary science and operational expertise to develop innovative products and platforms that disrupt.
· Creative thought innovator balanced with strategic, tactical and financial savvy.
· Established record of successful product development and launch across numerous product categories and platforms.
· Culinary marketing and national account sales professional with wide-ranging experience in various foodservice segments and operations.
Plated (an Albertson’s company) New York, NY 2017-Present Director of Culinary Product Development
Data focused product development and menu engineering in the e-commerce meal kit delivery space
· Architect and implement proprietary, scalable R&D processes and standard operating procedures to support rapid business growth.
· Articulate product design specifications and partner with Procurement department to build supply chain and manage vendor relationships.
· Create and design trend relevant recipes and menus integrating user preferences and historical data.
· Engineer menu mix and optimize menu offerings for flavor and margin.
Chobani, New York, NY 2012-2017 .Senior Director of Culinary Design
Craft and design a cohesive culinary vision reflective of the Chobani brand and culture across multiple facets of the dynamic business.
· Collaborate with marketing team and brand managers to identify and develop new product opportunities; pioneer innovative flavor territories; and renovate brand SKU portfolios.
· Liaise with R&D department to ideate, concept and formulate disruptive new flavors, products and platforms in line with margin and operating guidelines; Optimize and revise existing formulations for flavor and margin; Work with 3rd party flavor providers to develop and revise formulations.
· Collaborate across R&D, marketing, procurement and operations to implement and utilize the stage gate process to streamline the development, revision, testing and commercialization timeline.
· Support sales teams to position and sell new innovation into retail and foodservice channels; Provide culinary category expertise to major retail and foodservice brands and entities.
· Create, design and direct the development of trend relevant recipes and content for use across social and traditional media channels.
· Oversee operations and menu development at three Chobani cafés; Scaled menu and operations from 1 unit to 3 in less than 6 months.
The Food Group (a WPP company) New York, NY 2009-2012
Director of Culinary Innovation
Director of culinary innovation providing CPG and foodservice brands with business insights, innovation and seamless integration with their R&D, marketing and sales departments.
· Managed and directed the test kitchen team generating new product innovation, recipes, menu development, trends insights and national account sales support across numerous categories and product types.
· Conduct and catalyze ideation sessions with major foodservice manufacturers and brands
· Clients included Kraft foods, Pepsi, Tabasco, Dawn Foods, Dannon, Perdue Farms, Norwegian Seafood, Louisiana Seafood among many others
· Provided national account sales support and new business development to clients; supported new business development for the agency in pitching new clients
L’atelier de Joel Robuchon (French Michelin 2 Star) New York, NY 2008
Chef de Partie
· High level execution of Mr. Robuchon’s world renowned cuisine at his famous, ultra-modern tasting bar.
Barbounia (Mediterranean Brasserie) New York, NY 2007-2008
· Oversaw and managed a team of 35 to serve over 300 covers a night.
· Increased annual revenue from 4.5 million to 5.1 million.
· Reduced hourly labor from 24% to 18% in the first 6 months through efficient scheduling, elimination of overtime, redistribution of workloads and maximization of employee potential.
· Reduced food cost from 36% to 28% in the first six months through elimination/tracking of waste, inventory control, and competitive price bidding.
Willow Hotel Group, New York, NY 2005-2006
Consulting Executive Chef
· Orchestrated complete food & beverage overhaul and kitchen renovations of 3 boutique hotel properties, each with multiple outlets.
Nice Matin (French Nicoise Bistro) New York, NY 2003-2005
Chef de Cuisine
· Created menu items and special dishes and menus to incrementally increase daily sales.
· Supervised a team of 40 in high volume production and service.
· Implemented systems and procedures to streamline labor and food cost while maximizing output capacity.
Restaurant Daniel (Michelin 3 Star) New York, NY 2001-2003
Chef de Partie
· Worked closely with Chef Daniel Boulud to execute his enduringly modern French cuisine in a highly disciplined and coordinated kitchen setting.
Café Boulud, New York, NY 2001
· Performed Garde Manger service of 200 covers per night and general production of garde manger items, pates and terrines in a NY times 3 star setting
AOS, Culinary Arts
The Culinary Institute of America, Hyde Park, NY
Research Chefs Association / American Culinary Federation / Culinary Institute of America
Research & Development, New Product Development, NPD, Commercialization, Ideation, Creative, Culinary, Consulting, Natural Channel, Nutritional Analysis, Marketing, Product Positioning, National Account Sales, Margin Analysis, Value Creation, Formulation Optimization, Foodservice, Retail, Insights, Recipe Development and Testing, Menu Engineering, Operations Guidance, Nutritional Analysis, Package Design, Dairy, Protein, Baking & Pastry, Seafood, Snack,
Timothy Patrick Reardon
Timothy Reardon is a culinary R&D and marketing specialist with expertise in the Consumer Packaged Goods, Food Manufacturing, Foodservice, and Retail sectors. He has successfully developed and launched new products across numerous product categories including dairy, poultry, protein, seafood, baking and pastry, snack, condiments and beverage. Timothy has worked with and represented major national and global brands and has crafted unique and notable culinary brand presence at major events such as The Aspen Food & Wine Classic and The Sundance Film Festival. He has authored numerous published recipes and has made many media appearances, Including PBS's series "Movable Feast" by Fine Cooking magazine. In 2016, Timothy was honored to be a presenting chef at the Culinary Institute of America's Worlds of Flavor Conference.
Timothy is a classically trained chef who has worked under some of the best French chefs in the world. After studying at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park NY, Timothy cut his culinary teeth at Chef Daniel Boulud's Michelin 3 star culinary mecca, Restaurant Daniel, then for world renowned Chef Joel Robuchon at L'atelier Joel Robuchon. Timothy uses this foundational culinary experience coupled with a broad operations and manufacturing knowledge base to create innovative and disruptive platforms and products.